The Director General of GES, Prof Opoku-Amankwa in an interview on “Adekye Nsroma” morning show on United Television (UTV) today hosted by Yaa Konama, has made known the official reopening date for all Basic Schools in Ghana ( from Creche, KG, Primary to JHS).
Reopening Date For Basic Schools In Ghana 2022
- According to the Director General, Schools were supposed to be opened on 11th January, but due to the newly introduced exams last year thus the National Standardized Test for the class 4 pupils, schools were directed to stay for an extra one week. This was made known with the statement:
- “We therefore decided to add an extra one week on their holiday break for both the teachers and the pupils as compensation”.
- He further stated that the reason for the delay in communicating this to the general public is that, management is also planning the academic calendar of those in the Senior High Schools ( both the reopening date of the freshers and that of the continuing students).
Speaking on the GES Academic Calendar 2022, He further stated management is also planning the academic calendar of those in the Senior High Schools ( both the reopening date of the freshers and that of the continuing students). This was made known with the statement:
- “To ensure that we get it right this time around, and avoid some of the inconveniences that occurred during the 2021 academic year in relation to the calendar structure, a Ministerial Committee on Schools Calendar was formed by the Minister of Education, to ensure proper planning to come out with a reliable structure,”
- “A call from the Committee this morning indicates that everything is done. The white paper has been given to the Minister for a final check before it can be issued to the general public”
The Official Interview Stating Reopening Date For Basic Schools In Ghana 2022
To get to the exact point where the Director General of GES, Prof Opoku-Amankwa spoke of the Basic Schools reopening date, skip the video below to the 43rd minute to listen to the Director General