For the 2022 season, the National Teaching Council (NTC) has launched the first version of the registration portal for the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE).
The Education Regulatory Bodies Act 2020 (ACT 1023) requires the National Teaching Council to regulate the teaching profession in Ghana. The purpose of the licensing examination is to allow qualified teachers to obtain a professional license and to prepare teachers to meet the demands of the National Teachers’ Standards, which require teachers to have the minimum knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes required to deliver effectively in schools.
Eligibility for the Licensure Examination.
- All candidates that have a Diploma in Basic Education (DBE), a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), or a Master of Education (M.Ed) who want to be professional teachers. Candidates must apply for the licensure examination online at exams.ntc.gov.gh and complete the application form.
- All of the above-mentioned applicants who completed their studies in 2021 or earlier are eligible to take the exam at their preferred location.
- Candidates who wrote the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination but were unsuccessful in some papers may register to re-sit.
2022 NTC GTLE Registration Fees
|One Paper Resit||150|
|Two Paper Resit||210|
|Three Paper Resit||350|
How to Make Payment for NTC GTLE 2022
Payments can be made at any Prudential Bank Ltd branch or using mobile money. Across all networks, the shortcode *772*51# can be used to make a payment. Candidates must notify the bank as fresh students, re-sitting one, two, or three papers, in order to get money through banking.
How Register on the NTC Portal
- Take Pin and Serial No. from the Bank after payment.
- Log on to exams.ntc.gov.gh
- Enter your e-voucher Serial no. and Pin
- Fill in all the fields and remember to upload your passport-size photograph
- NOTE: NTC will not accept any request for change of photograph after the examination
- Review information provided and submit.
- Print Summary of the inputs made and examination regulations
- Candidates should keep their PIN and SERIAL NUMBERS secured after registration for the licensure examination for further use after the examination.
- Completed application forms should be received online no later than 26th April 2022
- NB: There will be no extension in time for registration beyond the 26th April 2022 deadline.
Date for Examination
19th – 20th May 2022